WHITE EAGLE HOTEL

The night before I left Portland, I stayed at one of the McMenamins properties, the White Eagle Hotel. It was very easy to get to the White Eagle from downtown where I was staying the rest of the week. I simply hopped on the yellow MAX train towards the EXPO center, got off at the Albina/Mississippi MAX station, and walked a block up to the hotel. I chose the White Eagle because I wanted to stay at one of the McMenamins hotels while in Portland, but the Kennedy School was booked. The White Eagle looked just as fun as it sits above a bar and restaurant, it was cheap as I could get a bunk bed room for $45, and it was within walking distance from the Wonder Ballroom where I had tickets to see The Wallflowers that night. It was difficult to get good shots of the hotel since the hallway and my room were tight quarters. Where noted, the pictures are from the photo gallery on the White Eagle's website.

The outside of the white Eagle (The double doors lead upstairs to where the hotel rooms are located. The door and windows to the left are the entrance into the restaurant and bar where they also have live music.)...


Inside the bar/restaurant...

(photo courtesy of the White Eagle website)

(photo courtesy of the White Eagle website)

stairs leading up to the hotel rooms...


the hallway...

(photo courtesy of the White Eagle website)

bunk bed room...

(photo courtesy of the White Eagle website)


shared showers and shared bathroom...


I would definitely stay at the White Eagle again. The staff was very friendly and the bar and live music was fun. However in the future, I would probably get one of the queen bed rooms rather than a bunk bed room -The bunk beds combined with the small room was claustrophobic.

White Eagle Hotel
836 N. Russell St.
Portland, OR 97227
503-282-6810

No comments:

Post a Comment