HEADING HOME

So, that was my trip to Portland! There were plenty more shops and places of interest on my list which I didn't get to, but I am (for the most part) not disappointed as I think I fit a ton in to the eight days seven nights I stayed in Portland. While I did get to experience much of the handmade scene in Portland, I would be sure to visit the Portland Saturday Market next time around. The market is the "largest continuously operating outdoor arts and crafts market in the nation." The name "Portland Saturday Market" is deceiving as it is actually held on both Saturday and Sunday. I discovered that the market was open on Sundays while speaking to one of the vendors at Crafty Wonderland, however, didn't have time to run back in time before everyone closed up shop. And, Saturday I flew out to early in the morning to run by for even a little bit. Ah well...there's always next time! Another thing I might do next time is to rent a car for a few days and check out some of the sites a little ways out from the city like the Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge. Overall, I had a fantastic time and would love to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment