FLORAL PARK MARKET - ATLANTA, GA

When traveling to and fro cross-country with my dad, my mom always finds the most fun things to do along the route.  I am amazed at her ability to unearth activities that so exactly coordinate with the timing of their travels.  Most people find it hard to find things to do within their own city, let alone other cities!  

HER SECRET IS CLIPPING ARTICLES FROM THE NEWSPAPER OR BOOKMARKING WEBSITES AND SAVING THEM UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT.

Anyone that has met me, knows my moms love for seeking out new experiences must have rubbed off as I frequently write down upcoming events in my planner in case the urge strikes for a new adventure and you can often find me at pie making classes, networking events, art and music festivals, brewery tours, or hiking on a new trail.  Events 12 is by far my favorite Atlanta site to visit.  The rolling twelve month calendar of things to do is the most comprehensive I have found.  Also, while many of the other sites focus on large attractions, Events 12 is inclusive of events in smaller towns as well.  I also get the Creative Loafing daily email, which alerts you of five things to do each day.  The focus leans primarily towards music and art happenings with the events section on the physical site a little more well rounded.  Event Brite is great for networking gatherings and events individuals are trying to market.

One of my latest Atlanta excursions came about from old school marketing (aka a flyer that was dropped off at my work). "Fresh flowers" caught my eye so I snatched the bright yellow paper up and brought it home to where it sat for a few weeks. Finally a few Saturdays ago, I ventured to check out the Floral Park Market and I'm so glad I did!


It's right around the corner from my house and offers local/organic produce and eggs, prepared meals and lunches, fresh flowers, and birch poles/sheets as well as pottery for events or decorating in your own home (775 Trabert Ave NW, Atlanta, GA 30318; open Mon-Fri 8am-6pm and Sat 9:30am-3pm).









Owner, James Olsen, founded Floral Park Market in 1999 as a wholesale business to supply primarily  event planners and venues.  

HE SO GRACIOUSLY ANSWERED SOME QUESTIONS I HAD ON CARING FOR FRESH CUT FLOWERS. STAY TUNED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment