book review: Etna by Paul Yoon

Etna by Paul Yoon

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 5/5

Wow. Just… wow. I’m calling it now: this will easily be my favorite book of the year, and honestly, likely one of my favorites for a long time to come.

As my own dog napped, head laid contently on my legs, I began this book. And from that first paragraph until the last, I was immersed, seeing so much of Etna in my own. She is taken from the only place she’s known and thrust into the front lines of a war. As the war finishes, Etna yearns to go back home, encountering humans and animals along the way, all lending to a deeply woven journey of the harshness and strife of life, but also the beauty and humanity as well. So much emotion is contained within this short book, I’d like to start back over on the first page to experience it all over again. 

I think almost anyone could find something to connect with in this story. It’s a beautiful, universal tale.

Thank you Scribner for providing this book for review consideration via NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment