RAIN BOOTS

This week, the weather has been alternating between a soft drizzle and chunky almost frozen drops as Spring tries to pull itself away from Winter. 

I WAS REMINDED AT HOW CLOSE WE ARE TO THE BEAUTIFUL RAINS THAT COME IN LATE SPRING AND SUMMER - NAP INDUCING RAINS.

I have been on the lookout for the perfect rain boot, but I'm undecided on what features exactly I am looking for. So much of the year in Minnesota requires a boot to handle standard rains, but additionally the thick slush that is left to trudge through as the mounds of snow melt at the beginning and end of Winter. So, I know that I want a knee length boot vs ankle. However, in any other shoe or boot I would look for something that sticks out from the pack. Do I want that in a rain boot?? Or, just something utilitarian that will go with everything and handle any kind of terrain and weather?  

The Macadames rubber boot from Aigle is kind of the best of both worlds. The double wrap ankle strap can be removed taking it from rocker/biker to garden in no time.
Out of any brand, Dav probably has the most unique styles. And, the prices are extremely reasonable as well.

The Austin snake is so unique and folds up easily for travel. The description states it has a very high shaft so it is best for tall people, which is perfect for me since rain boots typically hit my leg in a weird place.

The Parma 2 has an interesting mix of fabrics with its faux wood heel, shiny lower, and neoprene upper.

And, for a slightly more subtle version of the above, I like the Lisbon.


The offerings from Hunter are pretty traditional, but the Limpit Grey/Blue has me a little smitten.


And lastly, one of my sisters got the cutest rain boots from you'll never guess where!...an equestrian supply shop/tack store. They have a slimmer calf and slightly pointed toe so they might be a little challenging for my wider feet. But, such a great option! Find similar ones here.
Now, there's only the hard choice of picking just one. After that, there's nothing holding me back from sloshing in puddles and getting some gardening started!

No comments:

Post a Comment