CRUDITE, CHEESE, AND CHARCUTERIE APPETIZER PLATTERS

For dinner, I often grab hummus, some veggies, olives, nuts, and some cheese (of course!) to make a quick and delish meal of random items in my fridge and pantry. It's such an easy way to sit down and eat a healthy meal after a long day with minimal prep. I've been to a number of events where a platter, or even a spread of them, were laid out in such a beautiful way. They most likely are not as easy as they appear, taking some artful skill to achieve balance and interest. So, I gathered some inspiration to model after. And, in turn, I am certainly inspired to add some different types and flavors of items to my repertoire! I was curious to know what the difference is between the different boards I was seeing. Turns out... 

CHARCUTERIE REFERS TO THE MEAT PORTION OF THE PLATTER, CRUDITES ARE THE CHOPPED VEGETABLES. AND, OF COURSE, A CHEESE PLATTER IS JUST THAT - MADE UP OF CHEESE. OF COURSE YOU COULD HAVE A MIX OF ALL OF THESE AS WELL - IN ADDITION TO JAMS, FRUITS, NUTS, ETC TO ADD COLOR, TEXTURE, AND FLAVOR!

Below are some of my favorites. The bright boards would be perfect for Summer and I love the assortments with deep hues and richer flavors for Fall! I also included a platter, which is technically a nicoise salad. This originated in France and is traditionally made with tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, olives, anchovies or tuna, and dressed with olive oil. Additionally, there were some boards comprised of items that could be layered together to make fajitas or the like. The sky seems to be the limit! 



via Crowded Kitchen



via Always Order Dessert



via Anett Velsberg

No comments:

Post a Comment