RIVER CABAAN

  I'd love to visit River Cabaan someday, a secluded mid-century cabin for rent in Tillamook, Oregon. Until then, many of the details I can pull for inspiration for my own house.

cedar sided cabin on a river with a large porch with metal roof

cedar sided cabin with brick chimney

cedar sided cabin with tall grasses

Now that almost all of the upstairs rooms are done being painted Snowbound, my rooms feel clean and bright. I also have the warm contrast of dark wood. 

all white interior with wood window framing

My fireplace is also getting a coat of white paint to create a soothing seamless feel with the walls. I'd like to replicate the curated selection of art and stacks of books displayed on the mantle below. My fireplace happens to be in my dining room, but I would still like to infuse some of the tropical plants on the hearth and on the floor around as well.

all white walls and brick fireplace

Blu Dot leather modern recliner in front of all white brick fireplace and lots of plants

In high school, I would collect records from the thrift store and would like to start collecting again. The sound a record player emits is such a different sound than from a regular speaker - fun for while making dinner or sitting in front of the fire!

bench with vinyl and record player

There is very little overheard wired lighting in my house. So, I have started sourcing floor lamp, sconce, and overheard options that will add light and warmth. I'm drawn to multi-arm lamps like the one below for the living room since the light could be re-directed whichever way I chose. Also, notice it is attached to the wall, which frees up floor space and eliminates the odd placement of a floor lamp sticking up from behind the couch. 

double black wall hung task light, rattan daybed, bench for vinyl records and player

 I have a mid-century slat bench in my entry, which I would like to keep partially clear for sitting whilst putting winter boots on. However, I'm drawn to the styling of the bench below and would like to integrate some of the layering shown either on that entry bench or one at the end of my bed.

mid-century cabin with vaulted ceiling and large windows

rattan Ikea bench with tray and magazines

Also in the entryway, these round wood hooks would be functional but add decoration when not in use. Similar ones can be found here.

white painted wood paneled walls and large modern circle wall hooks

I already have dining chairs I plan to make thick knitted covers for - more to come on that! But, simple Scandinavian-esque stools are intriguing for the outdoor metal dining table I plan to put on one of the screened in porches. If they were stackable, it would allow for them to be pulled back out of the way of rain or snow.

corner banquette area with large windows and modern stools

The styling here is interesting as well - I struggle with what to place in the center of the table that is both functional and pretty.

corner banquette area with large windows

 I bought this duvet cover in white (at least!) 8 years ago and I will most likely replace it with the exact same one since I love it so much. It is super soft, lightweight, and is a washable fabric and small enough to fit in my washer so I can throw it in each week, which is important to me. I do need to add some layers to my bed, though, for cold winter nights. Other fabrics, like linen, in shades of neutrals. Or, different techniques, like the quilting, would be nice additions to what I already have. I also picked up similar sconces to what is below from Target and am quite happy with the look of them. This art print is also very similar.

neutral bedroom with quilted linen sheets, simple wood headboard, sketch art, and black sconce

Once I have some time to take a vacuum and rag to the wood beams of my screened in porches, globe string lights will go up immediately after. Those are a must-have for enjoying all year round relaxing evenings.

cedar sided cabin with large porch and tall grasses

I haven't been able to put my front yard firepit to use yet since purchasing the house. But, I have been gathering inspiration for the seating around it. I am leaning towards concrete block bases with wood bench tops, which would not require hauling inside and storing for the winter months. But, modern black chairs like the below look a little more elevated, especially since they would be seen from the road and when driving up.

fire pit off of back porch with modern metal chairs

fire pit on the river with modern metal chairs

For more inspiration, as I gather it, be sure to follow along on my pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment