BOB ROSS

  During this pandemic, I have been watching a lot of PBS, following along while chefs cook on Americas Test Kitchen, Pati's Kitchenand No Passport Required.  But, more recently I discovered the relaxation of having concerts from the LA Philharmonic led by the very theatric Gustavo Dudamel, playing in the background while I work. 



AND, I HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY MESMERIZED BY WATCHING BOB ROSS PAINT.

Apparently, I am not the only one, based on this article and NPR podcast. His calming nature, motivational messages, and the fact that he can finish an entire painting in 26 minutes is truly inspiring. Especially fitting for the current world we're living in was his focus on improvisation. His mantra was "There are only happy mistakes in our world" "just change it into a tree or something." How great would it be if we could approach any challenges that come up in our day that way. He also had a way of banishing any self doubt - as long as you tried it would be ok. He would say, "If I know you can do it then surely you know you can do it as well." Some episodes are available on PBS to members and on Netflix so we can all watch anytime we need a little pick me up or half hour of de-stressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment