BREAKFAST AREA

 Shortly after the main part of my home was built in 1977, an addition was added on which has now become my living room. 

mountain style cabin home living room with floor to ceiling windows viewing the lake

mountain style cabin home living room with floor to ceiling windows viewing the lake

mountain style cabin home living room with floor to ceiling windows viewing the lake

The size of the room allows for a sectional sofa with still room to spare in the corner for use of some other sort. Two exterior windows still exist from the original home, one over the kitchen sink and the other looking in from the entryway. The smaller window I will frame out and fill in with sheetrock at some point down the road. While, the window over the kitchen sink will be removed but framed out to leave an opening between the two spaces. I considered putting bar stools in front of this window, however, since the corner is so large I think it would be better suited as a breakfast area with a small round table. 

neutral grey, cream, and black living room with grey sectional sofa and arched lamp,

mountain style cabin home living room

I REALLY LOVE BANQUETTES. AND, A (POSSIBLE STRANGE) REQUIREMENT WHEN LOOKING FOR A HOME TO BUY WAS THAT IT MUST HAVE A CORNER WHERE I COULD INSTALL A BANQUETTE. 

I think this corner is just perfect for a banquette. If you're unsure what this is, check out my pinterest board here. The inspiration photos below are a modern nod to a banquette using a bench and wall hung padding instead of an upholstered bench, which is the look I am leaning towards for this corner.

black modern pedestal round dining table with a floating bench on wall with a padded backrest and linear chandelier above

via JDP Interiors

Garance Dores home with modern breakfast nook with round wood slat pedestal base dining table and padded backrest hanging from wall

via Domino

banquette bench with pad hung on wall and round breakfast table

via Lonny

A round table is perfect for a corner and will soften the room next to the sharp lines of my sectional. I'm noticing a lot of tables with pedestal bases, which I think is a fresh detail. The two options below, a wood slat version and a concrete version, are top contenders. However, there are a plethora of other options if you want to replicate the look as well from  A+RRove ConceptsDesign PublicPottery BarnRoom & BoardWest ElmLiving SpacesAll ModernCrate & BarrelHavertysAnthropologieAnthropologie x 2, and McGee & Co. I will also keep my eye out at local thrift stores as well for a similar vintage one.

Parisi George Oliver solid wood round slat pedestal base dining table

via Wayfair

via Urban Outfitters

I'm drawn to the trio of gold linear pendant lights shown in the first inspiration image and found similar ones here, here, here, here, here, and here that could be nice in either gold or black. 

I also think an oversized basket lamp like this could be interesting...

round table with wood top and black metal cage pedestal base and oversized basket lamp hanging above

via 

Or, a terra cotta or ceramic hanging pendant light like this...

wall banquette in upholstered leather with dining table and white ceramic hanging pendant light

via Italian Bark

Lastly, an inspiration image I love for styling...

scandinavian breakfast space with a wood pedestal round dining table, cherner chairs, and neutral styling

via vtwonen

No comments:

Post a Comment