book review: The Extraordinary Disappointments of Leopold Berry V-01 by Ransom Riggs

The Extraordinary Disappointments of Leopold Berry V-01 by Ransom Riggs

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 5/5

The faux-distressed VHS tape cover of this book instantly drew me in, reminiscent of my childhood. The story within the pages then managed to fully transport me.

Leopold Berry feels like a reflection of every one of our childhoods. I adored the bond with his best friend Emmett, although their play cinematography took them to the magical place of Sunder, something unfortunately my friends and I weren't capable of when growing up. 

These two friends, along with another companion they acquire along the way, try to uncover the clues left by Leopold's mother to determine whether his strange visions and knack for magic mean he could be the one to help save Sunder.

I was invested from page one, whether it was Rigg's delightful world-building or a desire to discover what would happen to the characters as the plot deepened. I wish this was wrapped together with volume 2 because I am dying to know what happens next! I have requested Vol 2 through NetGalley and am crossing my fingers I get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment