I discovered some really good watches lately!
Shrill is a 3 season Hulu series that has made it over to Netflix. The main premise shows Annie navigating life while the world deems her not good enough because of her weight. I found it so relatable, heartwarming, and funny. I laughed and I cried. It was so sad that Hulu cancelled it so abruptly during season 3. So I ordered Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West from the library. The show is loosely based on this book of essays so I'm still getting my fix even though I'm done watching the series.
Art and Craft is a "this can't be true" story of Mark Landis who forged art for decades before he was outed. Watching him paint so quickly while casually sitting on his bed with just an art board and paint tubes strewn about is absolutely bonkers. This is a really fun conversation with Mark with questions from just Reddit users. What I'm most curious about is why with so much talent he hasn't become a highly regarded artist in his own rite. He explains this a bit in both the documentary and the Reddit thread.
The Booksellers gives a sneak peek into the life and business of rare and antiquity booksellers.
Robin's Wish is such an interesting look at Robin William's last few years unknowingly battling Lewy Body Dementia. Interviews with those closest to him in his personal and professional life provide an intimate look and set the story straight about what led up to the world losing someone way too early.
No comments:
Post a Comment