Since joining The Story Graph, I have discovered countless new books and authors. While the platform lacks a heavy social aspect -- you can't comment or discuss new reads yet -- simply following users has expanded my TBR. I followed a few readers who highly rated my favorite books and shared my reading taste. Now, as they review books, my community feed fills with hidden gems I would never have heard of otherwise. These feel like genuine recommendations, unlike social media book influencers whose hyped titles often come with an incentive to push them.
Because they are not "pushed," many of these amazing books have very few reviews. It is such a stark contrast between books that become the "it" book to read and those that don't get the same word by mouth spread. This has made me very intrigued to find as many amazing hidden gems as I can. So, I created a challenge "5 Star Hidden Gems With Less Than 100 Reviews." I added The Truth of Time by Bryan Whelan which I absolutely loved, yet I am the only reviewer on every site I checked. So sad that clearly I was one of the few people who had the joy of reading this great book! If you have some hidden gems of your own, please share them through this challenge if you like!

No comments:
Post a Comment