book review: Murder on Thin Ice by Laurie Cass

Murder on Thin Ice by Laurie Cass

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 4/5

Thank you Crooked Lane Books for providing this book for review consideration via NetGalley! All opinions are my own.

I've been trying out different cozy mysteries in an effort to find a series to carry me through the long winter ahead. Murder on Thin Ice is book fourteen in A Bookmobile Cat Mystery. And it just may fit the bill. 

Librarian Minnie and her cat, Eddie, make connections in their small town, solving mysteries along the way. In this particular installment, Minnie happens upon one of her bookmobile customers who has fallen through the lake ice. It has been deemed an accident. Yet Minnie doesn't think that is the case so she begins a hunt to find out the truth. True to cozy mysteries, there are other fun additions to the storyline. In this, there is a second interwoven case as well as Minnie learning how to cook and find a gift for her new husband. I found the characters very relatable and enjoyable. And the snowy town setting in Michigan is comforting to me as a Minnesotan. I can see myself picking up more books from this series during the Winter when I just want a low-stress simple story I can get lost in.

No comments:

Post a Comment