Freefall: A Reckoning for Boeing was just released this week and it was heart wrenching. One of the focuses of the documentary was to show the impact protege's of CEO Jack Welch have had - attempting to make profits at any cost including cutting quality and safety despite knowing it's potential to put the public in harms way causing injury and death. And also the interconnectedness and corruptness between large corporations and the government - to the extent that the government also ensures the judiciary process favors the corporation to protect GDP. This documentary also focused heavily on the whistleblowers, all which were exceptionally brave for coming forward!
After the heaviness of the above, Relay is a fictional whistleblower plot. I found it to be a really unique and engrossing take on this plot idea.
Since watching and loving Shrill, I ran across Diary of a Ditched Girl on Netflix that gave me similar vibes. This Swedish series follows Amanda on her dating endeavors and also her relationships with family and friends. I especially loved that this main character is thirty and therefore somewhat eager in her dating life, which made the interactions so funny, cringeworthy, and relatable to my own life at that age. I also found the other relationship dynamics very accurate.
No comments:
Post a Comment