1959 RANCH HOUSE REMODEL

I BOUGHT A HOUSE!!

It's been a week now since closing. And, I have to say, immediately it felt at home. I didn't have that settling in period where I was slowly getting used to a new space.  

IT JUST FELT RIGHT FROM THE GET-GO.

Winter seems like such a long time ago when I started my house hunt. But, the house I ended up purchasing was one of the first I physically looked at way back then...I actually got stuck in the snow covered ditch out front when I drove by to take a peek! It was as if it was saying, "Don't leave; Come stay awhile." I looked at a handful of others - the 1985 river house and mid-century farmstead. And, considered building from scratch while living in an RV. But, I just kept coming back to "the Sibley Lake house." It was everything I was looking for. I'll share photos soon. In the meantime, the Cliff May ranch re-designSarah Sherman Samuels Michigan home and the below Seattle 1959 ranch house renovated by SHED Architecture and Design have a similar feel to my new home and will serve as inspiration as I make it my own.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment